Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is a legal requirement, but it’s also the best way to ensure your appliances are safe to use.
QUEST can carry out PAT testing to ensure landlords and businesses are meeting their legal obligation to demonstrate duty of care to tenants and employees.
You’ll also get the peace of mind of knowing you’ve taken action to make your property safe.
A PAT test involves a visual inspection of the appliance, its plug and lead. For equipment with an earth conductor, we will also inject test signals into the cable and appliance to ensure their integrity.
Upon completion of the inspection and testing we will supply a report with:
- An inventory containing each appliance type, name, location and description
- A full set of test results for each appliance tested
- A full list of any failed items with an explanation of their failure
- A visible pass or fail label on each appliance detailing the inspection date, next test due and the inspector’s signature
Our electricians will inspect your portable and handheld appliances, as well as your movable and stationary IT equipment so that you have complete peace of mind.
Our PAT testing services include:
- Fast and efficient testing – with minor repairs completed free of charge
- A full test report
- An annually programmed service
- An itemised quotation or fixed annual fee
A QUEST engineer will visit you on your chosen date to carry out the non-disruptive PAT testing service. You will be issued with the appropriate certification for your records, and we will send you an annual re-test reminder.
Why choose QUEST to carry out your PAT testing?
Employers have a legal obligation to ensure that the appliances (fixed or portable) used by employees are in good working order. This is defined in the Duty of Care from the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the Provision of Work Equipment Regulations 1988.